Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Reading Journal 1

I selected the book "Views and Values",which includes many short storys and diverse articles on universal themes.At the begining I was little bit frustrated because there were lots of vocabularies I've never seen,that makes me read slowly and not knowing what was the author trying to tell readers.Then I told myself to be patient,finally,I finished that,I still did it!!

The first story is named "A Mother in Manneille",written by Marjorie Rawlings.It's describing a relationship between an orphan and an adult,the orphan worked for her,and he told her that he has a mother just like her,she always sends him presents in special days.The adult also likes him,and she couldn't understand why his mother left such a clever child here,where is near from her working place.
After a few days the adult was going to move to another place,she went to the orphanage,visiting the little boy,then she realized that he has no mother and no presents !

Sometimes we may use our imagination to help us cope with reality,like the little boy.Perhaps an orphan's greatest wish is having a mother that can send him warm and love.He's a clever boy,but he lie to the adult,also to himself.
Although it's fine to evade the reality sometimes,we can't evade them forever.Try to accept them and to conquer the sadness then you can set yourself free.
After all,we have to face the music some day.

No comments: